CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WFMW

This is my first attempt at Works For Me Wednesday so here it goes! Recently, in one of my many attempts to become organized I actually found something that has worked for me. It was a very simple thing that many of you probably already do. I am just a little slow at these things. Anyway, my counter in my bathroom that I share with my perfectionist of a husband has always been a wreck. I have everything from facial cleaner, lotion, hairspray (which I never use!), several makeup bags, and so on. You can only imagine how this conversation goes every couple of weeks. I believe it usually starts with my DH telling me to clean up my crap! Well, I decided that to prolong my marriage along with my life on some occasions, I needed to clean up my crap! I went to my local Walmart with a few under the sink measurements and bought just three plastic bins. I went through all my makeup and other stuff and threw quite a bit away. I only kept what I could easily fit in the bins. I now keep these bins under our bathroom sink. I also just happened upon a holder for my hairdryer, curling iron, and flat iron that mounts on the inside of the cabinet door. Now every morning I just pull the bin out set it on the counter and put it back when I'm done. Spending less than 20 dollars has really made a huge difference in our daily routine. Hope this helps! For more ideas on many thing visit Rocks in my Dryer for WFMW.

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Plastic bins are THE BEST! I use them in my kitchen for all of the shelves I am too short to reach!!

Joanna J. said...

That is exactly what I do to keep our bathroom counter tidy! Now if I can just get my DH to put his bin back under the sink when he is done........

The MeFest Team said...

I'm trying to "stay on the wagon" with organizing my home as well. Hope you can keep motivated!

Kim Layton said...

How organized! Sounds good! :)

Kirby3131 said...

It is the small stuff like that that can make or break a marriage. I'm so proud of you for being proactive! bravo to you!


Come visit me today at The Goat
Kristin

Krisi and Adam said...

I just love plastic containers (of any kind) and plastic drawers also!

Great job!